TaoSecurity Blog Wins Best Non-Technical Blog at RSA

I noticed in Martin McKay's post Security Bloggers Meetup 2009 that TaoSecurity Blog (this blog, despite where you might be reading the reposted content) won the Best Non-Technical Blog award at the RSA 2009 Security Bloggers Meetup.

Thank you for the votes! I was not aware that the blog was nominated nor did I mention the contest here. I appreciate the votes despite the posting slow-down while I was vacationing with my family and then teaching in Amsterdam. I have several posts planned for this weekend or soon thereafter!


Richard Bejtlich is teaching new classes in Las Vegas in 2009. Early Las Vegas registration ends 1 May.

Comments

Vivek Rajan said…
Richard,

Well deserved. Congratulations !

IMO, taosecurity could also have been nominated in the technical blog category. I am just guessing they did not allow duplicate nominations.
Unknown said…
Congratulations Richard, and Vivek is correct. You got more votes in the non-technical category than the technical, so that's the category you were placed in. We'll work on polishing how we do things for next year and we'll put you in the technical category where I think you belong. But I was on the planning committee for the party, not the awards, so it wasn't my decision.

Martin
Chris Buechler said…
Count me as another who thought it was strange to see "non-technical", but either way congrats! Well deserved recognition.
Daniel Cid said…
Congrats! But non technical? :)
test said…
Congratulations Richard. According to Stephen Northcutt you are doing something right!
Anonymous said…
non technical???....this from a RSA conference?
Dave Kennedy said…
Well deserved. Congrats
Congratulations! Although it does indeed seem strange that there would be a non-technical category at RSA. Anyway, Richard, are you available Interop to do a video blog? I will be video blogging from the exhibit floor starting May 17 and would love to interview you about your security insights regarding virtualization, IPv6 and other hot-button issues. If not, I'd still like to interview you for Cisco's new innovation blog http://blogs.cisco.com/innovation. Please let me know if you're interested. I'll send you a note off-line as well. Again, kudos for a great site and for well-deserved recognition! All the best.

Jennifer Geisler, Manager of Network Systems Networking and Switching for Cisco
Joko Susilo said…
Well deserved. Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics